Copywriter and social media manager seeking freelance editorial, advertising, and social media opportunities.
Freelance Copywriter Sept 2008-current
Clients ranging from CPG and ecommerce to music and television.
Editorial published at BuzzFeed, CollegeHumor, The Bark Post, FunnyOrDie, and more.
Work featured by Entertainment Weekly and NPR.
Senior Copywriter, Ongoing Contract, August 2016-current
MetLife, New York City
Globally leading insurance company, consistently listed as a Fortune 50 company.
- Key creative asset for MetLife’s largest rebranding effort in its 150 years of existence
- Created, launched, and continue to maintain new voice and manner in line with new brand
- Leading creative development of monthly content calendars and campaigns for global social channels from intake to conception to drafting to review with key stakeholders
- Developing storytelling framework laddering up to larger, “clearly human” brand voice
- Copy and strategy for social, video scripts, email marketing, webpages & SEO, chatbots, physical collateral, and more
- Ongoing brand strategy
- Working closely with design and videos teams to achieve vision
Contract Copywriter, Remote, July 2017-current
clarkmcdowall, New York City
Small, scrappy branding agency.
- Copy for social and OOH marketing needs, as requested.
Food Writer, June 2016-current
BORO Magazine, Astoria, NY
Local lifestyle print magazine servicing Western Queens: Astoria, LIC, and Sunnyside.
- Source new restaurants for review
- Coordinate coverage between EIC, photographer, and restaurant
- Sample fare, draft long form articles for monthly publication
- Fresh, daily content & community management on Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest,
Tumblr, & Twitter
- Long form editorial, recipes, restaurant reviews, & blog posts
- E-commerce store
Associate Copywriter April 2014-April 2016
VaynerMedia, New York City
Digital agency producing content that sells in the year we live in.
- Concepting, pitching, drafting, & editing campaigns, video scripts & content calendars
- Leading creative work sessions, content reviews, & client presentations
- Planning, preparing, & leading monthly content photoshoots
- Collaborating closely with design team to achieve vision
- Working with account teams to manage & exceed client expectations
Clients: AMP Energy, Pure Leaf Iced Tea, Birchbox, Mountain Dew, HALLS Cough Drops,
Stride, Dentyne, Wheat Thins, Top Gear USA, Biker Battleground, HISTORY
Social Media Editor Sept 2013-March 2014
Droga5, New York City
Leading ad agency frequently at the top of industry best-of lists. AdWeek’s 2012 US Agency of the Year.
- Community moderation & management for brands’ social campaigns
- Copywriting & editing for a monthly schedule of posts to Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram
- Concept & production of major online campaigns: Sweater Generator, IfWeMadeIt.com, Cabvertising
- Social monitoring for trending & viral topics relevant to our brands
Clients: Coke Zero, Newcastle Brown Ale
Editorial Fellow Dec 2012-March 2013
BuzzFeed, New York City
Leader in the social web, viral content creation, & online journalism.
- Originated, created, & published viral editorial content in the BuzzFeed style for the front page
- Tracked success with BuzzFeed Viral Dashboard analytics, used stats to evolve ideal social approach
- Used Adobe Photoshop & GIFBrewery to create shareable, effective multimedia content
- Brainstormed, edited, & provided feedback to editors
Humor Editor, Assistant Literary Editor Aug 2011-Dec 2012
TheInclusive.net, New York City
Online literary magazine I co-founded in 2011, with a wide variety of subjects & contributors.
- Proofread & edited all humor submissions & comic book-related content
- Managed diverse humor writing staff with weekly submissions from writers across the country
- Worked closely with EIC to create streamlined editorial process, style guide, & unified Inclusive voice
- Maintained two ongoing columns
Copywriting, long form & editorial writing, copyediting, proofreading, social media strategy, campaign conception and presentation, storyboarding, research, podcasting, Photoshop, HTML/CSS coding, Squarespace, Wordpress, Blogger, bit.ly, Tweetdeck
The College of New Jersey, Ewing, NJ, Class of 2008. BA in Communications, specifically in TV, Radio, & Film
- UCB-trained improviser, years of stand up & storytelling performance experience
- Active participant in NYC comedy scene as producer, promoter, performer, & show host
- Writing mentorship under Henry Winkler
- Eagle Scout