Copywriter and social media manager seeking freelance editorial, advertising, and social media opportunities.
Freelance Copywriter Sept 2008-current
Clients ranging from CPG and ecommerce to music and television.
Editorial published at BuzzFeed, CollegeHumor, The Bark Post, FunnyOrDie, and more.
Work featured by Entertainment Weekly and NPR.
- Fresh, daily content & community management on Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest,
Tumblr, & Twitter
- Long form editorial, weekly recipes, restaurant reviews, & blog posts
- E-commerce store
Associate Copywriter April 2014-April 2016
VaynerMedia, New York City
Digital agency producing content that sells in the year we live in.
- Concepting, pitching, drafting, & editing campaigns, video scripts & content calendars
- Leading creative work sessions, content reviews, & client presentations
- Planning, preparing, & leading monthly content photoshoots
- Collaborating closely with design team to achieve vision
- Working with account teams to manage & exceed client expectations
Clients: AMP Energy, Pure Leaf Iced Tea, Birchbox, Mountain Dew, HALLS Cough Drops,
Stride, Dentyne, Wheat Thins, Top Gear USA, Biker Battleground, HISTORY
Social Media Editor Sept 2013-March 2014
Droga5, New York City
Leading ad agency frequently at the top of industry best-of lists. AdWeek’s 2012 US Agency of the Year.
- Community moderation & management for brands’ social campaigns
- Copywriting & editing for a monthly schedule of posts to Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram
- Concept & production of major online campaigns: Sweater Generator, IfWeMadeIt.com, Cabvertising
- Social monitoring for trending & viral topics relevant to our brands
Clients: Coke Zero, Newcastle Brown Ale
Editorial Fellow Dec 2012-March 2013
BuzzFeed, New York City
Leader in the social web, viral content creation, & online journalism.
- Originated, created, & published viral editorial content in the BuzzFeed style for the front page
- Tracked success with BuzzFeed Viral Dashboard analytics, used stats to evolve ideal social approach
- Used Adobe Photoshop & GIFBrewery to create shareable, effective multimedia content
- Brainstormed, edited, & provided feedback to editors
Humor Editor, Assistant Literary Editor Aug 2011-Dec 2012
TheInclusive.net, New York City
Online literary magazine I co-founded in 2011, with a wide variety of subjects & contributors.
- Proofread & edited all humor submissions & comic book-related content
- Managed diverse humor writing staff with weekly submissions from writers across the country
- Worked closely with EIC to create streamlined editorial process, style guide, & unified Inclusive voice
- Maintained two ongoing columns
Copywriting, long form & editorial writing, copyediting, proofreading, social media strategy, campaign conception and presentation, storyboarding, research, podcasting, Photoshop, HTML/CSS coding, Squarespace, Wordpress, Blogger, bit.ly, Tweetdeck
The College of New Jersey, Ewing, NJ, Class of 2008. BA in Communications, specifically in TV, Radio, & Film
- UCB-trained improviser, years of stand up & storytelling performance experience
- Active participant in NYC comedy scene as producer, promoter, performer, & show host
- Writing mentorship under Henry Winkler
- Eagle Scout